Monday 19 February 2018

Life is Great

Shēnghuó hěn hǎo, is how I would describe life in Hangzhou. From what I’ve seen and heard, a foreigner in Hangzhou isn’t looked at with disapproval, unlike other Chinese cities like Guangzhou and Shenzhen. Hangzhou is really warm and welcoming to foreigners and Haida HR offers the best of the Chinese lifestyle. You’ll get to know what a working Chinese adult enjoys when you take Haida HR’s offer.

Once you start your life here, it is better not to compare it with the life back at home. I think that’s why a lot of foreign teachers have difficulty adjusting here. Teaching the Chinese children wasn’t easy as it required a lot of patience and training. Trainers and seniors like Zhou Yang made teaching easy by sharing the psychology and culture followed by the Chinese children.
I instantly fell in love with the scenic beauties Hangzhou has. There are a lot of mountainous escapes that you can explore during your weekends, a perfect chance to relax when the week has been hectic. Hangzhou is the perfect mix of the neon-shimmering city life and countryside beauty.
There were times when I used to get rid of my hangover with long walks by the West Lake. The fresh breeze was an analgesic for me. Sunset used to be so romantic that it made an asexual person like me wish for a partner. I used to listen to suicide boy to the sunset and secretly sip some rum from the hip flask. Used to be the perfect Sunday evenings.
I miss the mixture of sweet fragrances that I used to smell when I passed the perfume stores. The luscious smell of Chinese foods on the snack street was even more inviting. 
It’s more about Hangzhou than about Haida HR. I had a smooth experience with this recruiter but I am sure they lack in one way or the other. You’ll have to take your chances, there’s no way around the risk. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summing my experience with Haida HR in one word – Incredible!

Hailing from a small town in Australia, Haida opened doors of new possibilities for me. I was initially skeptical about what China would ha...